In 2017*, the construction products manufacturing sector:
- Had a turnover of £60.2 billion
- Employed 337,000 people
- Consisted of 23,818 companies
- Accounted for 10.8% of total manufacturing turnover
- Accounted for 36.2% of total construction output
- Exported £7.2 billion, or 11.9%, of all construction products manufactured
* - Market data for 2017 (most recent year available) per 'Annual Business Survey' by the ONS.
UK businesses by size
UK businesses by size – manufacturing sector including construction products
Data for 2015 per 'Business Population Estimates' from BIS (Now BEIS)
Data for the number of construction product manufacturing firms are available from the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy. Data broken down by turnover and size of firm are only available at a more aggregated level for manufacturers of products.